The word ‘neurodiversity’ is defined, amongst the others, by Harvard Health as something that “describes the idea that people experience and interact with the world around them in many different ways; there is no one “right” way of thinking, learning, and behaving, and differences are not viewed as deficits”.
At techmeout.io we are on a mission to revolutionize the way IT professionals apply to job positions and support a corporate culture in which the world is a better place if all minds can thrive equally, including the ones that are autistic, have ADHD, dyslexia, dyspraxia, or more broadly, are what is now referred to as “neurodivergent”. A place where people feel safe to show up as their full selves — whether that’s at work or at school.
Often, neurodiversity also comes with talents and a huge amount of human potential. For example, according to some research, more than 1% of Dutch people — approx. 190,000 people — have a form of autism. In the most industrialized cities in the Netherlands — such as Eindhoven, and Utrecht — it has been proven that there is the greatest concentration of individuals with autism. Many of them have some strong skills and abilities that are/can be particularly appealing for high-quality digital tech jobs.
In recent years, we noticed how many international organizations across the world like Microsoft, Meta, SAP have striven to improve their neurodiversity hiring processes. Most managers are finally realizing the enormous advantages organizations can gain from diversity in the backgrounds, training, gender, and other individual qualities of their teams. And we are confident that this approach will progressively expand also to small and medium-sized companies.
According to another study, there is a range of positive traits, skills, and strengths associated with neurodiversity conditions that have proven to be a good match with any tech jobs:
There are some crossovers between these traits and some links between them and different technology roles, which are summarized as it follows. We advise you to pay close attention to the table below as it could be useful when customizing your CV.
Because we understand the importance of these topics, we want to offer customizable services within everyone’s reach.
In particular, the services we offer include:
· A great amount of knowledge of the topic: as we appreciate people for who they truly are, we want to help design services and environments that are more inclusive for everyone. This is why we always keep our knowledge up to date through professional refresher courses and readings;
· We speak your language! The language we use in our templates is conversational, inclusive, and unbiased;
· We are always reachable through our contact form;
· You can choose whether to view our website either in bright mode or in dark mode so that you can get the greatest degree of concentration possible;
· We offer over 8 free templates fully customizable through our online app, in minutes.
Still in doubt? Just ping us and we’ll be very happy to help!